Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Taking the plunge...


Crossfit

Well, I said I was gonna sign up and looky looky I did! I'm proud of myself, mostly because lately I've been saying I want/need to do a lot of things and then I just sit on my behind. I found CrossFit East Village and my trainer friend highly recommended it. Even though it was raining, I got in the car after work and took the "10" minute drive to the box.

Note: Box is CrossFit slang for gym and it didn't take 10 minutes to drive there because there is a bunch of construction and I had to navigate the one-way streets.

Needless to say, I found parking and made my way in. Thank goodness the "front desk" was near the door. I hate when you walk in to someplace new and can't find someone to talk to, I just feel like an idiot wandering around. Ya know? The guy at the desk was named Drew and very nice and helpful. He got me signed up and scheduled for my Foundations class. For those that know nothing about starting CrossFit, you have to take a Foundations class before starting Workouts of the Day (WODs) to learn the basic movements, then you can sign up for the daily classes offered. At CFEV, the Foundations class is three sessions over one week and cost $150. While that may seem like a lot, think of it and three (most likely) one-on-one personal training sessions. That's only $50 a session! Most outside gyms cost about $75-$100 per session. Then the monthly at CFEV is $75. That is the cheapest in the city. Maybe anywhere. I haven't found another cheaper in CA, HI, or CO. And you can attend as many classes as you want. At CrossFit Waipio back home in Hawaii, it's $100 a month and you can only go to two classes a week. I think I found a good deal and it's convenient for me. Double score.

I haven't been this excited for a workout in a long time and hopefully this is the change that I have been looking for to get where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment