Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

mmm... goodness

While I indulge my peruse my blogroll every morning, I'm always stumbling across things that look delicious and would love to make. The problem is that most of the time I don't have all the ingredients and is more often the case, I don't have all the necessary kitchen gadgets to make them. But, oh do I dream that one day I will have the ingredients or they won't be too difficult to find and the gadgets won't be outrageously expensive.

HALLELUJAH! Yesterday was the day! Maybe it's because it was a holiday and I didn't have to work. Maybe because the weather was gloomy and I wanted some cheering up. More likely it's because the recipe looked uh-ma-zing and I already had 90% of what I needed. I was going to the store anyway so I picked up the few remaining items, those being red food coloring, marshmallow fluff, and powdered sugar.

I got the recipe here for Red Velvet Thumbprints with Marshmallow Frosting. Then I went to work in the kitchen and voila!

IMG_1762

IMG_1765

IMG_1767

I have to admit that they're not as red as I wanted. Too much food coloring? Too much mini chocolate chips? eh... can't taste food coloring and who doesn't want more chocolate anyways?? They were delish. I must bring the rest to work tomorrow so I don't get fat on them all by my lonesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment